My photo
San Jose, California, United States

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Real World: Day 1

I got into San Francisco today at about 12:30 local time. It has been hectic few days trying to put everything I want shipped with my car in boxes. It is a weird feeling having no idea when is the next time I will be on Roslyn Dr.

I got here with no plan and for about two hours accomplished nothing. It was like when I traveled Europe. I had my bookbag on and was dragging along my new luggage(great idea to get the kind with four wheels). I ate at Carl's Jr since I was starving and really just looking for a place to sit and recollect myself.

I talked to Scott with whom I lived in Nice with and he went somewhere for the day but said he would be back around midnight. At the time I was sure I would be meeting up with him but that is still two hours away and I am pretty tired.

I walked around a little longer and was amazed by the city. The buildings are beautiful and there are people everywhere. Street performers, tourists, shoppers, hobos, ect. The weather is perfect too.

I eventually sat down to rest in the Hilton's lobby to make my decision on where I was to stay. I looked at my maps and found that right across the street was a hostel. Being that I really just needed a bed for one night and have yet to receive a paycheck, this was a good option for $28. I checked in and the guy at the desk asked me if I had heard of Dreher High School after seeing my ID. Everyone was friendly and the hostel was very much like one you would find in Europe. Young people from all over the world traveling for all kinds of reasons, big common areas, and little rooms with 4 dorm style bunk beds.

I woke up from my nap to a tall girl who's stuff was already in the room walking in. I soon realized she had a 5:00 shadow and purple scarf. Welcome to San Francisco. After he left I got myself back together and walked around for a few hours.

There was alot of really nice, pretty parts of town and a few parts in which I stared at my feet and ignored many comments from homeless people with cups.

I got back to my room about half an hour ago and there was another guy in my room. He was from France and we spoke in French for a little bit. This made me feel much better about the room situation. I am now in the computer area which is very nice. There are couches and lots of people speaking many different languages .

I spent about half an hour going over my notes from the interview and company week before writing this. I could not be more excited about Monday. Tonight I am probably going to finish this one tall-boy beer I just bought then read for a little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment